Homemade modeling clay and play dough
The clay is very translucent when it is soft and maintains most of that
once it is dry. As far as a clay goes, it stores well in an airtight
container. If left out, it will dry within 24 hours.
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup cold water
1/2 cup cornstarch
1. Pour the salt into the boiling water.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch and the cold water.
3. Add the cornstarch mixture to the salt solution.
4. Cook over low heat, while stirring continuously.
5. When mixture becomes like a stiff cookie dough, remove from heat and
allow to cool.
6. After cooling, knead until the clay is pliable.
Now mold it into your desired shape(s). You can let you shapes harden by
themselves or bake them in a 200 degree F oven for one hour.
*Children should always be supervised when preparing or cooking in the